Spink & Edgar
Limited Warranty & Care Instructions
Congratulations on your purchase of a Spink & Edgar sleep system. We at Spink & Edgar are delighted that you have decided to invest in what we believe is one of the world’s finest hand-crafted sleep systems and the best night’s sleep money can buy.
Still need to register your warranty? You can do that here:
I. CARE & ROTATION
To ensure you enjoy your Spink & Edgar bed to its fullest, we would like to draw your attention to some of its unique characteristics and offer some simple suggestions on how to keep it in good condition. The following care instructions will also help preserve your warranty rights:
1. PROPER MATTRESS CARE
- Upon receipt of your mattress, unwrap it and leave it in a well-ventilated room for a few hours before use. Spink & Edgar mattresses are made from the finest natural fillings and, therefore, your mattress may have a natural smell to it.
- King and Queen Mattress sets must be supported by an appropriate metal frame having a rigid center bridge bar with a supporting leg. For a wooden bed frame, there must be at least 5 equally spaced hardwood cross slats (1” x 4”) with 5 corresponding vertical legs that reach all the way to the floor.
- Use a protective mattress pad to avoid stains.
- When moving, carton your mattress and transport and store the mattress flat.
- Do not remove the law tag or label containing the model name.
- Do not bend, stand or jump on the mattress.
- Do not use cleaning fluids on the product.
- Do not smoke in bed or expose the mattress to open flame or fire.*
2. ROTATION GUIDELINES
Please follow the “Proper Mattress Care” instructions below. Spink & Edgar mattresses are upholstered with the finest quality fillings such as Egyptian Cotton, British Wool, Hempure, Cashmere, Silk, etc.
Your mattress will tend to settle over the first few weeks or months. Do not worry if hollows appear in the sleeping areas of your mattress leaving a central area of unsettled fillings. This is caused as a result of the fillings compacting under your body weight.
This is quite normal and is not a defect. By following the rotation guidelines below, the fillings will compress to a near even level over the entire mattress surface.
It is important that you turn your bedding regularly to extend the comfort of your bedding set and enjoy years of maximum comfort.
- To minimize these body conformations you should turn the mattress end-to-end every 2-3 weeks for the first 3 months.
- Turn it every 3 months after that.
- Turn your box spring end-to-end every 6 months.
- Turning a mattress is an easy job for 2 people, but don’t damage yourself or the mattress by trying it alone!
For One-Sided Mattresses:
- Rotate the mattress on top of the box spring counter-clockwise.
- Mattress should overhang the end of box spring by a third or more.
- Rotate mattress counter-clockwise again to place opposite end at head.
- Your mattress will last longer if you turn your mattress end-to-end regularly.
II. LIMITED WARRANTY
1. HOW LONG IS THE WARRANTY PERIOD?
The Warranty Period begins on the date of purchase shown on your sales receipt and follows the Warranty Schedule below. The 3-Digit Code shown on the law tag affixed to your mattress refers to the following Warranty Schedule:
- 3-Digit Code: 202
- Warranty Period: 20 Years
- Non-Prorated Period: Years 1 – 20
- Prorated Period: N.A.
2. WHAT IS COVERED BY THE WARRANTY?
If a defect occurs during the Warranty Period, Spink & Edgar shall, at its discretion, repair or replace your mattress or foundation after a complete inspection and determination that the damage is a result of a manufacturing defect during normal use. In all cases, transportation costs of the product to and from the store or factory, as applicable, are not covered by this Limited Warranty and are the responsibility of the purchaser. If the identical product is not available, Spink & Edgar may substitute a product of comparable value. In the event of repair or replacement, the Warranty Period shall continue from your original purchase date. This Limited Warranty is only valid for the original purchaser of the product.
3. HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM
If you discover a defect in your mattress or foundation, please contact the authorized Spink & Edgar retailer where you purchased your sleep set. NOTE: The individual tufts in your mattress are highly tensioned and give the mattress the deep plush appearance and feel. Occasionally, due to this tensioning, a tufting rosette (button) may work loose. Should this occur, it will not impact on the performance of the mattress. Please contact an authorized Spink & Edgar retailer to have it repaired at no cost, in-house by a trained technician. If the retailer is no longer in business or you have moved outside the service area, please contact Spink & Edgar’s Customer Service Department. A copy of the original bill of sale is needed to determine the original date of purchase and the Purchase Price. The label containing the model name and the law label must be attached to identify the bedding and validate this Limited Warranty. You must be the original purchaser of the product for this Limited Warranty to be valid.
4. WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
- Claims made by anyone other than the original purchaser of the product.
- Claims made outside the United States.
- A product that is purchased from an unauthorized Spink & Edgar retailer.
- Structural damage from using an improper bed frame (see Care Instructions).
- Structural damage from not using the mattress in conjunction with a matching foundation or equivalent. See 1633 law label affixed to the mattress for matching foundation(s).
- Burned, stained or soiled fabric, even if the product is defective.
- Damage due to abuse such as bending, standing or jumping on the mattress.
- Comfort or firmness preference of the product.
- Body impressions less than 1.5”. Body impressions less than the amounts indicated are caused by the natural compression and settling of quality upholstery materials and are not considered a manufacturing defect. They are an indication that the upholstery layers are conforming to your body’s individual contours.
- Floor models and bedding sold “as-is.”
- Replacement of a non-defective piece in the sleep set because the matching piece is defective.
- Transportation costs of the product to and from the store or factory, as applicable.
ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANT-ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL NOT EXCEED IN DURATION THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. THE SERVICE TERMS STATED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE THE CONSUMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF PRODUCT FAILURE DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD. SPINK & EDGAR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, OR FOR THE BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY.
This Limited Warranty is valid only in the United States and gives you specific legal rights that may vary from state to state.
* Your product meets the requirements of the Federal Flammability Standard, 16 CFR 1633, when your mattress is used alone or with one of the foundations specified on the 1633 law label affixed to your mattress. Although your product meets federal flammability standards, its flame resistance may be impaired if any of the following occur: a non-matching mattress and foundation are used together; the outer cover of the mattress or foundation is damaged, torn or punctured; or mattress handles are torn from the side of the mattress.